I've always had a passion for all
forms of art media - ever since I can remember. I've always
loved the creative process and working with my hands. Throughout
my career, I've worked in - and taught - several mediums including
oil painting, pen and ink and stained glass.
In recent years I began working in jewlery
sales, and found a new outlet for my creative vision. I began
taking classes locally and around the country. Throughout
my travels and experience, I've learned so much about the
many different precious metals and stones - and the infinite
number of possibilities they can be molded, shaped and blended
to achieve their dazzling potential....
The galleries and shows I've been associated
with to sell and show my pieces include:
- Lafayette Jewelry Designs, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Hummingbird Designs, Troy, N.Y.
- Whistling Moose Studios & Gallery,
- The Gallery at Cedart Hollow, Malvern,
- The Patent Country Home Shoppe, Cobleskill,
- Tri County Arts Council, Cobleskill,
- The Departure Shop, Albany International Airport
- Colonie Art Gallery, Latham, NY
- Broadway Art Center, Albany, NY
- Desolation Rd Studio, Altamont, NY
Some of the prominent shows I've participated
- 2009 - Proctor's Northeast Fine Crafts Festival (Juried)
- Schenectady Museum, Schenectady, N.Y.
- Shaker Museum, Albany, N.Y. (juried)
- Saratoga Arts Council, Saratoga, N.Y.
- General Federation of Woman's Club, Eastern
- Proctor's, Schenectady, NY
Some of the more prominent show awards I've
received throughout my career include:
- 1999 SSAS Exhibit - Second Place, 14k
Yellow Gold Earings with Stones entitled "Autumn Jewels"
- 1998 SSAS Creations - Second Place, 14k
Yellow Gold Necklace entitled "The Beginning"
- 1997 SSAS Autumn Jewels - Honorable Mention,
Sterling Silver Necklace entitled "Silver Waves"
- GIA (Gemological Institute of America)
Studied diamonds - diamond grading - Gem identification (colored stones)
- Hudson Valley Community College
Jewelry 1&2 - Stone setting - Wax carving - Wax casting
- Tucson Az.
Took classes from Alan Revere & Kevin Woods - Advance stone setting classes.
I also create "customized" jewlery
by request - and can help you bring your creative
vision come to life. Please feel free to contact
me if you need more information, would like to
inquire about anything you see here, or if you have any specific
requests - I welcome your input...
Judith M. Helfrich